Motorola smartphones have started to receive an upgrade to a new version of the operating system Android. Yesterday the company released Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Moto X Style Moto X last year and the second generation in Brazil and India. In the coming weeks, users will receive the update and other countries. Also, Motorola started the approval process for the firmware Moto X Pure Edition (American version of Moto X Style) and release an update in the next few weeks. The original Moto X 2013 does not officially get Android 6.0.
With the update, users will get all the innovations implemented in Android 6.0 by Google, as well as a couple of new features from Motorola. Basically, the new version is to improve the performance and battery life, but there are also a number of useful innovations.
Changes in Android 6.0 for Moto X Style and Moto X (2014):
- Mode Doze, which translates smartphone into “deep sleep” to conserve energy;
- applications in the standby mode will spend less energy;
- You will be able to manually configure all the permissions for the installed applications;
- the system itself will determine what best to do, and which application to open when you click on the link;
- update can customize the card for automatic installation of applications;
- The “do not disturb” will be available in the quick settings menu;
- the menu will reappear separate volume;
- new feature Now on Tap, which scans everything on the screen and offers useful information;
- Direct Share feature allows you to share something with the contact or dialogue without logging into the application.
Innovations from Motorola:
- Moto Assist will no longer have their individual application, but now the service has received from the integration of new functions;
- Motorola Migrate will no longer be preinstalled in Android 6.0;
- The “Attentive screen” is now included in the Moto Actions.
It should be noted that Motorola has decided to simplify and remove some functions that are not very popular among users. As usual, you can check for updates in the settings of the smartphone in the “About phone”.