The need for a new wireless mobile technology so tangible, the more evident the growing popularity of embedded devices. This applies to both sports equipment and autonomous drones that can independently move away from the collision, to unmanned vehicles, “smart” cities and much more. Connecting objects to each other, the organization of network access to these devices and their integration with the cloud makes unprecedented demands on today’s wireless networks.
Ericsson and Intel are collaborating with mobile operators to create 5G solutions and conduct joint tests under the expansion of existing partnerships, aimed at the transformation of the network, the development of cloud computing and the Internet of Things.
KT and Intel intend to hold the 2018 joint tests 5G networks, a new initiative will promote the development and testing of 5G wireless technology, the relevant network devices and virtual network platforms, as well as implementation of joint efforts to standardize them.
LG Electronics and Intel have developed and launched a test operation 5G telematics technology for a new generation of cars.
Nokia and Intel are working to develop radio technology and network solutions that meet the requirements of the future 5G standard that will accelerate the release of a client 5G device and the corresponding wireless infrastructure, and to ensure the compatibility of technologies radio 5G to meet the requirements of the connected device for the implementation of wireless networks of the future .
SK Telecom and Intel for 2016 will be engaged in the development and testing of mobile devices and network solutions 5G, as well as devices for network access using the Licensed Assisted Access technology (LAA) in the unlicensed bands. As part of their existing cooperation on the development of 5G technology companies have made some progress in the area of the radio access network technologies, including technologies anchor-booster cell and massive MIMO in order to further increase the capacity of wireless networks 5G.
Verizon and Intel have conducted field tests of wireless solutions 5G and the forum Verizon 5G Technology Forum show the effectiveness of the use of millimeter range, providing an order of magnitude higher network capacity and data rates than current cellular network, and demonstrate its application possibilities for creating high-quality and high-speed wireless coverage for home and businesses.
Intel offers a platform and is working with industry leaders to create an early prototype solutions; All this is intended to accelerate the development of the fifth generation of communication technologies and will contribute to the industry readiness for deployment 5G networks. Intel Platform 5th generation mobile communication test is a high-performance development platform for more rapid integration and testing-5G devices and wireless access points. Currently, Intel in collaboration with the world’s largest mobile operators develop 5G technology solutions creates prototypes and tests of this new experimental platform.
- Intel Atom x3-M7272 solution is a wireless communications platform for the automotive industry; in it features innovative security features, including the ability to create firewalls and packet filtering.
- Intel XMM 7115 modem is designed to provide support for the first wave of devices and applications built on the basis of technology Narrowband IOT (NB-IOT).
- Intel XMM 7315 modem combines in a single chip LTE-modem and applications processor, supports LTE standards Category M and NB-IOT is an ideal solution for those terminals, which require the broadest possible coverage, low power consumption and low price.
- Intel XMM 6255M Modem delivers reliable communications on 3G even in the most difficult conditions, and the modem the size of 20% less than the previous generation of devices, making it the smallest in the world of stand-alone 3G modem. It can be used to provide communication for the very different equipment and is designed to provide a more rapid transition to a new generation of wireless networks.
- LTE-modem Intel XMM 7120M is an ideal solution for the machine to machine, and enables connection to the network for a number of different IoT-devices, including safety devices, smart meters, instruments for monitoring the use of different resources, and industrial automation equipment.
- LTE connectivity for smartphones, tablets and PCs – Intel XMM 7480 modem is suitable for use in resource-intensive applications, such as in multiplayer games, or in solutions for virtual reality, and provides a reliable connection to the LTE Advanced mode with peak download speeds of up to 450 Mbit / s. Designed for global markets, the XMM 7480 modem supports more than 33 LTE bands in one article – more than any other LTE-modem, as well as the possibility of aggregation of carriers in the configuration 4x both paired (FDD), and unpaired (TDD) sections spectrum.